Leonard is a security guard at Sacred Heart Hospital.
Leonard has a hook for a hand, which he got when he got his right hand stuck in the hospital ice machine. He got a $5,000,000 settlement for the loss of his real hand. ("My Best Friend's Baby's Baby and My Baby's Baby") He is very tall, and a running gag is that he is most recognized by the hospital staff by his giant afro, and barely noticing his hook.
- "White Meat" aka. Gloria
- Bouncing basketballs in the hallway
- Shoplifting ("My Soul on Fire, Part 1")
- In "My Occurrence" a security guard resembling Leonard is photographed by Ben Sullivan. He has a small afro and appears to be played by the same actor who portrays Leonard. However the security guard seen does not have a hook for a hand and his name is never mentioned although it may be Leonard before his ice machine accident.
- Leonard is apparently very good at gin and J.D. lost a lot of money to him. ("My Screw Up")
- Leonard smokes when he plays gin.
- Leonard has popped Turk's basketball with his hook.
- Leonard appears with Gloria in J.D.'s last fantasy at Sacred Heart where he says "I got me some white meat". ("My Finale")